Planning approved for next parcel of homes at Overstone Leys

News

A Reserved Matters planning application for the next parcel of new homes at Overstone Leys has been granted permission by West Northamptonshire Council.

The application, on behalf of Taylor Wimpey, for 350 new homes within the southern part of the Overstone Leys Sustainable Urban Extension (SUE) follows a number of reserved matters approvals for Zones 1, 2 and 3. Outline permission for the SUE, which comprises more than 2,000 properties, was granted in 2015.

overtsone LeysAt the council’s strategic planning committee meeting, members followed officer recommendation to approve the application, with conditions, which was considered to be in accordance with the Masterplan.

Pegasus Group provided design services while consultants CC Town Planning prepared the planning statement to accompany their reserved matters submission for the approval of access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale.

The development will be for 350 two, three, four and five-bedroom homes of which 93, or 27 per cent, will be affordable. Of those, 70 per cent will be affordable rent, while the remaining 30 per cent will be shared ownership.

Access to the development will be from the A43 and the site will also include an area of open space in the northern part of the site, a smaller parcel in the western part of the site, and a larger area of open space to the south of the site along with a drainage basin.

In recommending the application for approval, officers said: “The site, being located with the Overstone Leys SUE, will have a good level of accessibility and be within reasonable walking and cycling to the local centre. Taking the above into account, this development is considered to be acceptable.”

For more information about this project or any of Pegasus Group’s services, please contact us.