South Derbyshire District Council
Key Project Information
- A strategic site in South Derbyshire being developed for residential, retail and leisure use through the Local Plan.
- Harworth Group’s Cadley Park is a development comprising 600 new homes across three parcels of land, with the wider project including a country park, two 9-hole golf courses, a driving range and 4,000 sq ft of commercial/leisure development that includes a family pub.
This is a major milestone for Harworth Group in what has been a long-term programme of planning one of the Midlands’ largest new residential developments. Developing coherent plans across a number of discrete parcels always poses a challenge but Pegasus and South Derbyshire have worked extremely well together to bring them forward
Edward Catchpole, Development Manager – Harworth Group
We managed and promoted this major project at Cadley Park, Swadlincote, on behalf of Harworth Group, who will develop the site to facilitate the sale of residential parcels.
Pegasus Group’s planning permissions to date include:
- Outline permission for up to 600 new dwellings on behalf of Harworth Group;
- Infrastructure works including roundabout access to the spine road, and all associated earthworks, drainage and landscaping;
- Reserved matters application to construct 400 dwellings on behalf of Avant Homes;
- Outline permission for up to 68 homes on the 4.5 acre ‘Parcel A’ on behalf of Harworth Group providing planning, urban design and landscape services;
- Hybrid planning application comprising outline planning for a public house/restaurant, two café/restaurant units and a commercial unit with offices and gymnasium, and detailed planning permission for the construction of a car park to serve the Country Park;
- Detailed permission for golf driving range with new entrance foyer, a golf shop and an adventure golf course at Swadlincote Family Golf Centre.
When complete, Cadley Park will include up to 68 homes on Parcel A, 132 homes on Parcel B being built by Taylor Wimpey, and 400 new homes on Parcel C being built by Avant Homes. The development will also include a children’s place space, sports pitches with changing facilities, a new Country Park, as well as pedestrian and cycle ways.