Test Valley Borough Council
Residential, Retirement Living
Key Project Information
- We led on the preparation and management of an outline planning application for a care village in Hampshire on behalf of Perbury Developments Ltd.
- Residents of the Care Village will be restricted to the elderly (65 years and over) and in need of some assistance with ‘day to day’ living, but will also deliver a membership facility for access to a Day Club for elderly persons living within the local community.
- The village, which is almost fully constructed will provide homes, beautifully landscaped gardens, a wellness spa and gym, brasserie, bistro and café within a warm and friendly community.
This is a great opportunity to secure the long term future of an underused and unsightly ‘brownfield’ site on the edge of Chandlers Ford, within the Parish of Ampfield.
Jim Tarzey, CEO – Pegasus Group
Proposals for the scheme include a care home building/ community hub containing either 65 care beds or 48 extra care units and core facilities, and 101 extra care units set in a parkland setting with the retention and strengthening of landscaped boundaries to Flexford Nature Reserve, Trodds Copse and the Monks Brook.
The majority of the site was used for industrial and commercial activities for many years, so a Certificate of Lawfulness for the existing use was obtained to secure the status as previously developed land. The planning application overcame issues including location outside of the settlement boundary, within a Local Gap, loss of employment, close proximity to a SSSI, and potential flooding concerns.
We produced supporting documentation for planning, landscape, economic benefits and public consultation.
The scheme will deliver local economic and community benefits including:
- a net increase in over 40 jobs generated from the site;
- a contribution towards new street lighting in Baddesley Road, to improve pedestrian safety along a stretch of unlit pavement.