- Local & Strategic Planning
- Urban & Rural Planning
- Landscape Design
- Urban Design & Masterplanning
Pegasus Group has secured outline planning permission for the Sustainable Urban Extension (SUE) at Dallington Grange, Mill Lane, Kingsthorpe on behalf of Persimmon Homes and David Wilson Homes.
Northampton Borough Council approved the outline plans, with all matters reserved except access.
The development will provide:
- Up to 3,000 new homes including around 300 affordable homes
- Two primary schools and a secondary school
- A local centre to include food store and six shop units, a restaurant or café, a ‘drinking establishment’, hot food takeaway and a pub
- The redevelopment of Grange Farm to provide a café, restaurant, pub or hotel
- Employment land
Under a Section 106, the scheme is set to finance a multi-use community building, public transport, healthcare, local highway improvements and the management of open spaces.
While Government cash via a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) will help pay for the much-anticipated Northampton North-West Relief Road, a secondary school and off-site sports provision.
The proposed development is a major investment in new homes, jobs and infrastructure of local significance in accordance with the aims and objectives of the adopted Development Plan.
Our expert teams provided planning, design and master planning, and landscape design services.
We liaised closely with Northampton Borough Council, including taking part in a technical briefing at which councillors were able to ask questions clarifying technical aspects of the proposals including site context, site access strategy, concept plan and an indicative masterplan.
This is a large urban extension that will take a number of years to deliver.