The Heritage Team at Pegasus Group were commissioned in order to advise in respect of Archaeology on the site. This involved the following:
Liaising with the County Archaeologist to determine scope of work required and the phasing of this.
- Commissioning a sub-contractor to undertake archaeological excavation.
- Overseeing archaeological excavations.
- Negotiating a mitigation strategy with the relevant parties as works proceeded.
- Agreeing sign off of areas and negotiating Condition wording for a s.73 application.
- Liaising with regard to post-excavation work (ongoing).
A detailed Heritage Note has also been prepared which summarises the archaeological work across the site undertaken to date.
For more information about this project or any of Pegasus Group’s services, please contact us.