The health impact assessment (HIA) examines the potential health effects associated with a development for 133 residential dwellings on the Alderman Moores site in Ashton Vale, Bristol, which has since been given planning permission.
The HIA contains the following:
- An introduction giving an overview of HIA’s, including a definition and the aims; and the local and national policy context relevant to health.
- A local area profile, where relevant data for the affected local area is analysed. This includes: population; health; deprivation; employment; housing; crime; and transport.
- A review of existing health and education provision in close proximity to the site, looking at the capacity of local: doctor’s surgeries; dental surgeries; pharmacies; opticians; hospitals and schools.
- An assessment of the health impacts is made, discussing each element of local provision in relation to the estimated population increase.
- Conclusions and recommendations to help minimise the health impacts associated with the proposed scheme.