Pegasus Group produced the Masterplan, Design & Access Statement and Design Code for the development of a new mixed use neighbourhood constituting the southern expansion of the town of Towcester. The clients Persimmon Homes Plc and Bloor Homes Ltd control all the land within the application area.
The key components of the revised planning application are as follows:
- 2,750 new homes of mixed type and tenure including affordable housing;
- 15ha (approx) employment land to accommodate B1, B2 and B8 uses;
- A Mixed Use Centre to accommodate Food anchor store, retail units, public house/restaurant, doctors surgery/medical centre, nursery/crèche and community hall;
- A supporting Local Centre to accommodate local facilities such as corner shops, takeaway etc;
- A mixed use commercial area to accommodate a 200 bed hotel with conference facilities and bar/restaurant;
- Two new 2 form entry primary schools;
- The provision of the Towcester Relief Road connecting with the A5T via a new roundabout and realignment of minor road and the A43T via a new signalised gyratory at grade junction;
- Contributions to proportional investment facilitating improvements to the existing A43T junctions at Abthorpe and Tove;
- The provision of extensive areas of public open space and areas of strategic landscaping Surface water/flood management works;
- Necessary related engineering works for drainage and services.
The proposals envisage a major investment in new homes, jobs and infrastructure of regional significance and a long term programme which will underwrite and complement wider investment and urban regeneration. The stimulation of growth can deliver wide ranging benefits in direct accordance with the Government’s strategy.
Pegasus Group have also secured Reserved Matters Approval for 246 units on behalf of Bloor Homes Ltd. This involved the creation of bespoke house types to comply with the Design Code and the design of the detailed site layout and supporting plans and images.